When you are ready to enter treatment for your substance use disorder, it is critical to carefully consider the types of treatment available to ensure that your needs will be met. Much like every person who enters treatment is unique, not every treatment center is alike, and certain rehab programs may be better than others for your particular situation and needs. Location is also an important consideration when choosing a rehab center.
Of the numerous recovery treatment center to choose from in LA, Westwind Recovery® is on the shortlist of premier facilities that offer a continuum of care from outpatient through aftercare. To find out more about our programs, contact us today.
Questions to Ask When Considering Rehab Programs
If you are looking for an inpatient drug rehab center, there are many factors to consider and questions to ask to find the right program. Effective treatment will be tailored to suit your unique circumstances, needs, and goals for recovery. Following are some essential questions you should ask when choosing a rehab program:
- What types of addiction does the program treat? – Make sure the center has experience treating your particular addiction and co-occurring disorders.
- What types of therapies are available? – Facilities that offer a wide array of treatment modalities will be better able to provide individualized treatment.
- Do they offer aftercare and sober living? – Aftercare planning and programs are essential to maintaining sobriety and reducing the risk of relapse.
- What licensing and credentials does the facility have? – Ask what accreditations are held by the facility and the staff.
- Does the facility offer peer group programs? – Most rehab centers offer 12-step programs or alternatives.
- What are the payment options? – Find out if the program accepts your insurance, offers payment plans, has a scholarship fund, or provides in-house financing.
Westwind Recovery® offers a wide range of evidence-based and holistic therapies that have been proven to be highly effective for treating addiction. We routinely receive recognition for our innovative programs. Our staff has extensive experience in the fields of addiction and mental health. To learn more about the benefits of treatment at Westwind Recovery®, call us.
What Happens at an Inpatient Drug Rehab Center?
Addiction treatment begins with detox. Generally, the team knows that the fear of detoxing is often the most significant barrier to an individual seeking addiction treatment. There is no denying that detox will be challenging, but the detox team is experts at helping you detox safely and as comfortably as possible.
After detox at a detox center, you will transfer to your residential unit in the inpatient drug rehab center following your medically supervised detox. Once settled, you will meet with your treatment team, who will review your medical history, mental health history, and substance use history. Your clinician will use the information you provide to create your individualized treatment plan, so it is crucial to be as honest and thorough as possible in your responses.
Along with individual therapy, group therapy, 12-step programming, and medical and psychiatric care, some of the rehab center activities you will have access to generally include
- Wellness and fitness activities like yoga and hiking
- Team-building outings
- Life skills training
- Family program participation
- Spiritual care
- Educational and experiential workshops
- Creative arts groups like music and art therapy
Westwind Recovery® is proud to offer exceedingly personalized treatment designed to be adapted as you grow and change. Our low client-to-therapist ratios allow our staff to truly get to know you and ensure that you receive the best care.
Westwind Recovery® Can Offer You Several Programs
Our on and off-site activities with members of the recovery community help to build a network of sober allies who can support you in your recovery journey. If you are ready to begin that journey, contact us today. We can help you with a variety of treatment programs.
Dr. Deena is the Chief Clinical Officer of Westwind Recovery®, an award-winning outpatient treatment center in Los Angeles where she oversees the clinical and administrative program and treatment methods. Dr. Deena is a doctor of psychology and licensed clinical social worker since 1993. LCSW #20628. Originally from the East Coast, Dr. Deena has worked running treatment centers, worked as a therapist in psychiatric hospitals as well as school settings and currently has a thriving private practice in the LA area. Dr. Deena has appeared regularly on the Dr. Phil Show as an expert since 2003. She has also been featured on many other TV shows, podcasts and has contributed to written publications as well as podcasts.