Substance abuse and addiction are pervasive in the United States, impacting the lives of millions of people every day. Substance use disorders have a ripple effect that starts with the affected individual and spreads out to have ramifications in all areas of their life, including relationships with family and friends.
If you or a loved one needs treatment for substance abuse or addiction, help is available but choosing the best program can feel overwhelming. For those suffering from severe addiction, a medically supervised detox followed by inpatient care is generally the best course. However, there are many circumstances where an outpatient drug rehab center can provide effective treatment while allowing individuals to maintain their regular daily routines. At Westwind Recovery®, we know the benefits of outpatient drub rehab and empower you to get on the road to recovery. Find out more by calling 855.340.8832.
Who Can Benefit From Outpatient Drug Rehab?
Deciding to stop using drugs and alcohol is the first step toward a healthier future. Generally, when an individual suffers from severe drug or alcohol addiction, it is obvious. These individuals will best benefit from inpatient treatment where they can also receive supportive 24-hour care. Often, an individual’s substance use causes disruptions in life, but overall they can function well enough to get by. Still, other times, substance use disorders are less noticeable. Individuals might silently struggle to control their drug and alcohol use while appearing to be fine to those around them. The effects of substance abuse and addiction are unique to each person. Choosing the best treatment starts with understanding what will work best for you and your individual needs.
Outpatient drug rehab usually offers the same treatments and therapies as inpatient drug rehab but in a less restrictive environment. For outpatient rehab to be successful, you or your loved one need to be motivated to achieve recovery and committed to the process. Individuals more likely to benefit from outpatient drug rehab include those who:
- Have mild to moderate substance abuse or addiction
- Are at little risk of severe withdrawal symptoms
- Have insurance that doesn’t cover inpatient treatment
- Cannot leave family, work, or school obligations
- Have a stable living situation and strong support network
- Are stepping down from inpatient drug rehab
- Have relapsed or otherwise need continuing support
Levels of Outpatient Drug Rehab in Los Angeles
Once you have decided to choose outpatient drug rehab, you need to determine which level of outpatient care is most suited to your needs. At Westwind Recovery® in Los Angeles, we know that it can be difficult for individuals to accurately assess their substance abuse or addiction level on their own. Our dedicated team of treatment professionals is available to help evaluate the severity of your substance use disorder and determine the best course of treatment. We offer three types of outpatient drug treatment:
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP). Our highest level of outpatient drug rehab meets five days a week for up to six hours per day. Clients in the PHP program have completed detox and are just starting treatment in this day program or are stepping down from our inpatient drug rehab center. Treatment can include individual, group, and family therapy, life skills, relapse prevention, coping mechanisms, and career counseling.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP). Our IOP meets for three hours, either in the morning or evening, to accommodate clients’ need to work, attend school, or tend to other responsibilities. It provides the same treatment modalities and services as our PHP, but clients have more time on their own.
- Outpatient (OP). Our OP program is the least restrictive. Clients meet for group therapy twice weekly and for individual therapy once weekly. This program aims to offer clients continuing professional support as they work to achieve their goals for sobriety.
Choose Westwind Recovery® for Outpatient Drug Rehab in LA
Outpatient drug rehab is an ideal choice for individuals with mild or moderate substance use disorders. It is also beneficial for those leaving inpatient treatment. At Westwind Recovery® in LA, our three levels of outpatient care incorporate holistic, evidence-based treatment practices designed to meet the unique needs of you or your loved one. Call us at 855.340.8832 to learn more.