Southern California Sober Living
Discover your newfound sobriety at this iconic Laurel Canyon property—historic, magical, a site that seamlessly weds nature and architecture.
Originally built in the 1900s, the grounds of the Houdini Estate have quirky caves, iconic Houdini and Old Hollywood sculptures, terraced gardens, and a deep-water tank where Harry Houdini reportedly practiced his underwater escapes. The secluded property is the perfect retreat for those seeking beauty and serenity in Southern California sober living.
Houdini used the estate’s many features to practice his amazing feats of escape and illusion until a short time before his death in 1926. The magic and mystery of “The Handcuff King” still remain with the property where Houdini’s wife, Bess, gave a famous party for 500 magicians and lived for years after her husband died. Today, Westwind Recovery Residences occupies the second home on the Houdini Estate, where Houdini’s many guests sought sanctuary from their variously chaotic Hollywood lives.
The Houdini House proudly provides the same amenities, support and structure that Westwind Recovery Residences is known and trusted for; including a three-tiered phase system, weekly house meetings, a team of recovery professionals available 24/7, random drug testing, and house rules and structure. The resident community is tightly knit; with residents supporting each other through both their day-to-day journeys, as well as each stage in their recovery. Our management team—which includes two house managers, a regional/client care manager and the director of operations—has been hand selected for their strong leadership skills, collected communication styles, and backgrounds in the recovery field.
The following is an abbreviated list of what we offer:
- Queen and full size beds
- Swimming pool
- Single and double suites and rooms
- Private outdoor, villa-style patios
- Flat screen/plasma TVs with Premium Cable and AppleTV in every room
- Netflix/HBO/Showtime/Hulu Plus
- High Speed Wifi
- Fully equipped kitchens with modern appliances
- Free access to washer and dryer
- Free standard supplies (i.e. toilet paper, paper towels, laundry supplies)
- Convenient, easily accessible parking
- Storage space for bicycles, golf clubs, surfboards, and other equipment
- Unlimited coffee
- We supply food for each meal and provide healthy snack options